Maine AEYC Strategic Direction
Goal 1 – High Quality Learning: Children birth through age 8 have equitable access to developmentally appropriate, high-quality early learning
- MaineAEYC promotes accreditation and Maine’s rating & improvement system to build quality across early learning settings
- State policies reflect comprehensive approaches to providing equitable access to high-quality early learning with particular focus on children living in poverty, multi-lingual children and those with disabilities.
- MaineAEYC recognizes national accreditation as a mark of quality as well as QRS Levels 1-4 and childcare settings engaged in best practice.
Goal 2 – The Profession: The early childhood education profession exemplifies excellence and is recognized as vital and performing a critical role in society.
- Professional preparation and development for birth through age 8 educators is aligned and grounded in NAEYC’s standards and delivered in innovative ways.
- Professional Development and preparation systems support seamless progression for early care and education professionals to advance their education, professional learning and careers.
Goal 3 – Organizational Advancement: Maine AEYC is a highly valued, credible and visible organization.
- Young and diverse early educators are drawn to the value Maine AEYC and NAEYC presents in its membership benefits
- Overall membership engagement and satisfaction increases across the state.
Goal 4 – Organizational Excellence: Maine AEYC reflects excellence in all aspects of organizational health.
- Board members, partners & staff report a shared understanding and accountability for a high-performing, inclusive organization, including an understanding of the mission, vision and values.
- Members, customers, and staff report Maine AEYC’s information and communication technology systems are reliable, user-friendly, support their work effectively, and meet their needs.
Goal 5 – Leadership & Innovation: Maine AEYC cultivates leadership and incubates innovative strategies that propel the field, profession, and systems of learning.
- Maine AEYC serves as a catalyst and consensus builder for complex and controversial issues to generate new knowledge and understanding
- Maine AEYC is a reliable and productive collaborator and partner